Sash windows are a beautiful and historic feature of many properties, but unfortunately they can sometimes succumb to problems due to ageing, wear and tear or exposure to the elements. In cases like this, you may be considering getting rid of your original sash windows in favour of new PVC replacements, but if you take this option you run the risk of your property losing its charm. Why not consider getting in touch with us to find out more about our services for sash window restoration in Northumberland?
Restoration is a more affordable option than replacements, and will ensure that your property retains its original features without the need for intrusive and possibly expensive modern replacements. We offer a thorough service that will get your windows back up to optimum condition, taking care of each and every element of the window. The process involves the following steps:
- To begin with, we remove the staff beads and parting beads, then remove the top and bottom sashes. This allows us full access to every corner of the window and ensures that we can do a complete, thorough and comprehensive restoration job.
- We deglaze the sashes and remove any old paint, leaving the frame fresh and ready to be treated. At this point, we will also repair any damage, cracks, chips and other wear and tear.
- We replace the pulleys, ensuring that the window can operate smoothly and efficiently when put back into place.
- We prime and reglaze the sashes, making sure they look as good as new once more.
- The sashes are refitted and balanced, and fitted with new staff beads and parting beads, which results in optimum efficiency.
- We fit new sash lifts and a new centre catch.
We have found that following these steps allows us to carry out the most successful sash window restoration in Northumberland, getting our clients’ windows looking great and functioning well once more. If you have sash windows that need some attention, don’t hesitate to contact us and find out how we can get them back to their former glory once again.